Family members from England, Canada and New York came to Trinidad to join their loved ones as they celebrated Onecimus Caprietta’s 100th birthday at the Arima Tennis Court on February 18.
You are here
2,000 emergency calls received
After seven days since adverse flooding throughout several communities in Central, North and South Trinidad, landslides and fallen power lines, the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) says it has so far received just under 2,000 reports of affected people.
In a release yesterday, the ODPM said regional co-ordinators took the reports from six regional corporations’ disaster management units. The regional corporations included: Penal/Debe, Siparia, Mayaro/Rio Claro, Sangre Grande, Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo and Princes Town.
The T&T Defence Force teams have also been deployed to do Damage And Needs Assessments (DANA) in the affected communities.
According to the ODPM, the following activities have been recorded in impacted regional corporations:
Penal/Debe Regional Corporation: 265 reports received.
Siparia RC: 250 reports.
Mayaro/Rio Claro RC: 800 reports.
Sangre Grande RC: 76 reports.
Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo RC: 248 reports.
Princes Town RC: 350 reports.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.